Saturday, January 26, 2008

I love RECIPEZAAR

For the uninitiated, Recipezaar.com is a recipe website. One of many...I don't remember how I stumbled across it but I've been using it for 4 years or so. They post monthly articles about seasonal menus or recipe collections (right now they are featuring Crock Pot recipes and Mardi Gras menus). Truth be told, I don't usually read them. I usually log on searching for something specific. One of the reasons I love it is that there are many recipe search criteria (Cooking Method, Ingredients, Occasion, Rating, etc). It's taken a bit of trial and error over the years but now I can even narrow the search using multiple elements (crock pot, chicken, low carb).

Another reason I love this site is that many of the recipes have been tried and rated by other cooks. Here's one comment I found posted recently that I love: "I served this casserole at a church brunch, everyone loved it. Men wanted seconds and women wanted the recipe. It was a big hit. I am making it again tomorrow." Once I narrow down my search, I usually sort all the qualifying recipes by rating (highest to lowest). That way I get the best recipes in any given category.

No comments: