Monday, February 9, 2009

It was a team effort...

Dan and I went down to Phoenix last week to visit my snowbird parents and my aunt and uncle (Maggie and Don) and my cousin and her family (Micki, Bear and Kasey). Micki and I are only 4 months apart and we were in the same grade in school so we were very close growing up. We aren't as close as we once were but we seem to be able to pick up where we left off when we do get to talk on the phone or see each other. Facebook has also become handy for keeping us updated on each other's daily lives. We stayed with Micki and Bear during our visit and we arrived the day before the Super Bowl in which their hometown team would be playing.

Here's the cake that Micki, Dan and I made for the Super Bowl. I had much grander design plans when I started but we just ran out of time. I ended up roping them in to help with the final decorating when my hands and wrists wore out.

Here's Micki checking the crock pot and a few of her guests with ALL the food for the party.

Here's my dad talking to Micki's parents. Aunt Maggie is my dad's sister (he has six others!).
By the fourth quarter, it was a close game and it looked like the Cardinals might win but the Steelers were tough and came back at the very end. That was day one in Phoenix - more posts on our trip to follow.

No comments: