Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wild Blue Yonder



While we were in Phoenix we went to the model airplane airfield to watch my dad fly his radio controlled airplanes.
The airfield is in eastern Phoenix near Superstition Mountain.
He builds them himself and flew them very regularly when I was a little girl. He gave it up for 25 years or so (but kept all of his planes and radios) and then when he retired he started flying again. My parents live in Iowa from April to November and then winter in Arizona from December to April. My dad doesn't fly much in Iowa when he's there (he's busy with other hobbies) but he flies a couple times a week in Arizona. Here's Dad in the "hanger" at the airfield.

My parents reconnected with several of my dad's Air Force buddies in Arizona. Danny and his wife, Sylvia, came out to watch my dad fly while we were there. Here's my mom (on the left) with Sylvia.













No comments: