Wednesday, July 29, 2009

So I've got a rather big mountain to climb...

Granted it's a figurative mountain - not a REAL fourteener that Colorado is famous for.

So, Internet, I've decided to lose 90 lbs. Yes, that was Nine Zero. I'm going to need some support from all of you over the next year+. I've lost 6 lbs so far (after 4 weeks) and am very happy about my progress so far. Four weeks ago I bought a BodyBugg. It's a small device that is like an armband but it tracks my steps and calories burned. I track what I eat and then enter it into a website that compares them. It helps me set goals based on my size and weight loss goal. I was already going to the gym at least five days a week to do cardio. Plus I had made a decision to go to yoga class at least once a week for a year. Once I had used the BodyBugg for about two weeks (and realized that I was burning enough calories), I had a friend meet me at the gym (she's a former trainer) and help me redesign my workout routine. For the past week and a half I've been going to the gym twice a day (before and after work). I now do my cardio in the morning and I lift weights in the evening. And I still go to yoga once a week.

5 comments:

The Bairs said...

Way to go! I need to do the same thing and you are inspiring me.

Dorrie said...

Doing great Andrea! Keep up the good work - I'm so impressed. Working out two times a day - wow!

Matt Rickett said...

Okay. I am here to motivate. Caren has been working out for about two years and meets with her trainer at least once a week. My health does not allow me to do the whole gym thing, but I workout with the Wii almost every single day - bowling, tennis, golf, jogging, something. Every little bit helps. Remember that.

Caren will not beat me up for saying this, but she has gone from sizes 18 and 20 to 8 and 10 - she said that you would know what those meant. I do most of the cooking for us, and I have learned to make our traditional favorite dishes only in a healthier "option" if you will. So if you are ever wondering how to make something you just love, but aren't sure how to make it "healthy," just let me know.

My biggest pointer when it comes to watching what you eat, is don't bring the "bad stuff" in to the house. Don't buy it. Don't put it in the cart. Trust me, it is easy to say and easy to write. It is very hard to actually live by. However, we have learned when you ARE craving the Doritos or ice cream or cake, eat it. Just don't eat the entire bag of Doritos, don't consume the entire gallon of ice cream, and don't inhale the entire cake. Again, easier said than done.

If you need any help, any ideas, or any support, don't hesitate to email me at rickett@educationalfutures.org or let me know if you want my phone number.

Can you tell I want you to succeed in this?!?

Woooooohooooooo!

All my best,

Matt

Sara said...

Yay you!!! I know you can do it (you're proving it by the great start you're off to)!

Liquid Roof said...

Wow!
Really its very simple to follow with this.
thanks for sharing and inspiring