Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dan's trip to the 2007 World Series


As luck would have it, I bought 2007 Colorado Rockies season tickets for Dan for Christmas the year before. He's really a Cleveland Indians fan but he had to make do with the local team. Incredibly, the Rockies were a team on fire in September as the season wound down. So, we made it into the playoffs and then the World Series. Season tickets holders got first crack at it and we decided to buy four tickets for all the home games. On a whim, I called my sister and asked her if she and her husband would like to come out for one of the games. Considering I gave her less than a week's notice to make the plans, find some where for my nieces to stay (thanks Mom and Dad!), and drive 500 miles. They arrived late Friday night and she and worked a Craft Fair on Saturday. The guys hung out during the day and then got ready for the game which started at 7. My brother in law appears below. They had a good time even though the Rockies lost and it was a little chilly that night.



No comments: